Hi there! I am so excited that you are stopping in. I welcome you into my life OnHickory so grab a cozy drink & let me share a bit about myself!
12 Things to Know about Me
- Not born but raised for the most part in Texas so I guess that makes me Texan, yet lacking the Texas pride. Dr. Pepper no thank you
- I was a competitive gymnast growing up from age 6-16
- One of my favorite meals: Grilled kebab skewers in the summer
- My family owns & operates an artisan bakery, Ravelin Bakery, in Denton, Tx opening in 2002. It’s a second home to me & smelling like bread on the daily is basically my natural scent.
- I cannot live without dark chocolate, Fage yogurt, & fresh produce!
- I love cooking & baking while living a healthy & holistic lifestyle. I value this greatly & it is important to me because of the impact it has had on my life. Bring on the freshness!
- I randomly burst into 2 second song narrations of what I’m doing
- I married my wonderful husband, Preston, in September of 2020 & am forever learning about the world of Aggie’s. Giggem’… I think that’s what they say
- I went to school in Virginia & received my B.S. in Psychology. I am intrigued by food science & how psychology & nutrition are intertwined
- I have a side hustle creating & selling ceramic jewelry at my business Adekaye Designs. Sometimes I sell at markets but mostly at the bakery
- I love traveling, exploring new places, & finding hole in the wall gems.
- Whether its yoga, hiking, or kayaking I enjoy being active & learning new skills. Future hopes of homesteading!